Lemon and mint tea is a naturally caffeine-free tea with a strong aroma and flavour of mint because of its menthol content. This is an excellent herb tea that detoxifies, rejuvenates and soothes your body.
Mint leaves also known as pudina or mint derived from the Greek word Mintha is a genus of flowering plants from the Lamiaceae family. Mint is well-known for the fragrance and cool refreshing taste. Mint can be either used as fresh leaves or dried and is the best source of mint in cooking. Mint leaves are used in teas, beverages, jellies, syrups, candies and ice creams.
Lemon is packed with nutrients and health benefits. From digestion aid to fatigue buster, lemons are a great natural remedy. Lemons are a favourite all over the world and essential food in kitchens everywhere. They are acidic to the taste but are alkaline-forming in the body. In fact, they are one of the most alkaline-forming foods; this makes them great for balancing a highly acidic condition in the body. You can try The Amazing Tea Company Lemon Mint Sunburst tea hot or iced.
Overall any tea made with fresh herbs is a much better and healthier drink than sugary juices, cream loaded coffees, sodas, artificially flavoured beverages etc. Fresh herb teas have amazing nutritional values, are fresh and natural in taste and provides some excellent health benefits like:
- It is generally said that drinking herb tea just before bed is very relaxing to the mind and nerves.
- This tea can help with soothing your stomach and improves digestion.
- Herb teas come with healthy amounts of potassium, calcium and vitamin B, which are all useful components to fight against colds, cough and
- This tea works as a detoxifier and cleanses the body while boosting your immune system.
- Having mint & lemon tea relieves headaches, nausea, diarrhea, and vomiting.
- Mint has a high content of salicylic acid that helps prevent skin blemishes, pimples and get rid of blackheads.
- Mint leaves are very popular in aromatherapy.
- It is said that drinking a glass of milk (or milk substitute such almond milk or soya milk) and adding a few mint leaves can relieve abdominal pain.
- Lemons are rich in vitamin C and flavonoids that work against infections like the flu and colds.
- Lemon & Mint tea can re-hydrate your body within minutes as it helps to replace fluids that are continually lost by our body due to exercise, exhaustion, stress, etc.
- The citric acid in lemon juice helps to dissolve gallstones, calcium deposits, and kidney stones.
- Vitamin C in lemons helps to neutralize free radicals linked to aging and most types of disease.
- Lemon and mint tea can relieve bad breath caused by smoking, drinking alcohol or eating onions or garlic.
- Lemon and mint tea is well known to calm stomach cramps at the time of menstruation.
Drinking herbal tea such as Lemon and mint tea can be a great way of incorporating a good source of vitamins and minerals. Do try this and enjoy a healthy beverage.
- Original source:
- Every thing about Health Benefits from Lemon & Mint Tea | Vahrehvah :